Customer Success Stories
YMCA of Greater Seattle Increases Productivity and Adoption with Recruitment Platform Overhaul
The iCIMS Premium Success Plan helped the nonprofit tackle its unique, recruitment-specific business challenges
iCIMS CUSTOMER SINCE:
Recruit, Connect, Onboard & Premium Success
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES:
- Cut application time from 30 minutes to three minutes
- Reduced incomplete applications by 54 percent
HRIS, Job Distribution, Background Screening, I9 and E-Verify & Learning Management System
Founded in 1876, the YMCA of Greater Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s leading nonprofit organization, reaching more than 253,000 people with more than 3,000 employees across 13 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200 program sites. In early 2018, the Seattle Y embarked on transforming its HR function over the coming two years, including consolidating the decentralized recruiting efforts of its 300 hiring managers in 13 branches under the corporate office.
To support its new centralized structure, scale with its changing needs, find ways to reduce candidate drop off, and cut down time-to-fill and time-to-apply, the Seattle Y engaged iCIMS’ Premium Success support program to:
- increase platform productivity
- drive adoption
- maximize the return on investment
iCIMS Premium Success provides a higher level of support to organizations with complex and unique hiring needs with a dedicated technical resource, 24x7 support, as well as annual system health checks.
CUT APPLICATION TIME FROM 30 MINUTES TO 3 MINUTES
REDUCED INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS BY 54%
To increase recruiters’ productivity and adoption, iCIMS Premium Success helped the Seattle Y:
1. Improve the mobile application process: iCIMS found that the majority of applicant drop-off occurred when candidates applied with mobile devices. The Seattle Y improved the candidate experience by removing steps, such as requiring a cover letter and desired salary, and using dropdown lists instead of long, free-text boxes, which are difficult to fill out on a mobile device. In less than four months, completed applications on mobile devices increased from 10 percent to 23 percent.
2. Restructure its recruiting platform: iCIMS overhauled and restricted the hiring manager’s level of access in the platform. While hiring manager login groups were previously organized by location, iCIMS helped the Seattle Y centralize the process and gave all hiring managers the same level of access to candidate information, preventing any compliance issues.
3. Maximize use of integrations to other recruitment and HR solutions: iCIMS consulted with the Seattle Y to help move away from a manual reference checking process to an automated integration with partner solution, Checkster. With Checkster, the reference checking process is entirely online, saving recruiters up to an hour per candidate. Because of the iCIMS integration, the Seattle Y’s recruiters and hiring managers can see each candidate’s references within the candidate profile in the iCIMS platform, eliminating the need to log in to different systems.
“We’ve created a strong partnership [with iCIMS] and having someone that knows the story and what we are moving toward saves time, money and is more efficient.
We reviewed our application process and our iCIMS customer success manager helped us reduce incomplete applications by 54 percent and cut the time to complete an application from 30 to three minutes, by removing unnecessary steps for applicants. This partnership has helped us make amazing progress, and I don’t think I could do it without our [iCIMS] customer success manager.”