Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Please note, this Privacy Notice is available at www.icims.com/legal/privacy-notice-website and its related domains and subdomains, including, but not limited to, www.textrecruit.com, www.jibe.com, www.icims.co.uk and www.icims.ca (each the "Website" as applicable). Please refer to https://www.icims.com/legal/privacy-notice-services for the iCIMS Services Privacy Notice relating to the iCIMS Talent Acquisition Platform.
iCIMS, Inc., including its subsidiaries (collectively, “iCIMS,” “we,” or “us”) respects the privacy of its customers, prospects, business partners, event attendees, employees, job applicants, and website and mobile application visitors.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice and the related statements in their entirety to ensure you are fully informed. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us by visiting this link or by using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Services Privacy Notice. Our Services Privacy Notice covers our privacy practices in connection with the use of Subscription and related services, including professional services and trainings that we provide to customers. It also describes our privacy practices with respect to customer and partner contact information we process in connection with the use of our products and services or services, or technology provided by our partners to our customers. For clarity, iCIMS collects information under the direction of its subscribers and has no direct relationship with the subscribers’ candidates. If you are a candidate of one of our subscribers, please contact that subscriber.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice covers our privacy practices in connection with an individual’s application for employment at iCIMS.
Driven by a passion to help companies win their war for talent, iCIMS is proud to offer leading software solutions and tools that unify all aspects of talent acquisition. With iCIMS, companies can manage their entire talent acquisition lifecycle within a single software-as-a-service application. Our focus on user-friendly technology and an exceptional customer experience has made us the largest provider in the industry. iCIMS offers the only true enterprise end-to-end talent acquisition platform.
For more information about iCIMS, please see the About Us section of our Website.
How We Obtain Your Information
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following three (3) categories:
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- When filling out forms on our Website (including, but not limited to, name, business mailing address, email address, and business telephone number).
- When you register for a demo of one of our products or services.
- When you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete one of our surveys.
- When you register for or attend an Event.
- When you conduct a Visit.
2. Information from third parties.
From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the Website or attendance at an Event. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information for Events. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
We may combine information we collect from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand, or provide you with tailored information regarding our products, services, and Events.
3. Information we collect as you navigate through the Website.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Website.
- To communicate with you about Events or register you for Events you sign up for with us.
- To provide you access to our corporate offices.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing actions, such as the pages you visited over time, for analytics and advertising purposes.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences (e.g., we may use your information to contact you to further discuss your interests in our services and products or other Events), including, but not limited to, promotional offers for our own or third parties’ products or services.
Lastly, we may also partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third parties may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on the Website and other websites to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if you are located in the Economic European Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland click here). Please note that you will continue to receive generic ads. If you wish to prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics, you may use the opt-out browser add-on developed by Google for this purpose, as further described in applicable materials made publicly available by Google.
How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information that you provide to us as described in this Privacy Notice to the following categories of recipients:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, or their or our successors or assigns.
- To our private equity investor, Vista Equity Partners, and its affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties, including Vista Consulting Group, which will process the personal information on the basis of its legitimate interests in overseeing the administration, research, and business operations of iCIMS.
- To our contractors, business partners, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (e.g., third-party hosting facilities) or third parties with products, services or positions that may be of interest to you, provided such parties provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required of iCIMS. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case, personal information held by us about you will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To any other person or organization with your consent to the disclosure.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, iCIMS processes your personal information pursuant to one or more of the following legal bases:
- The processing is in our legitimate interests which do not override your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you.
- The processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We may also seek your consent to process or retain your personal information in certain, limited circumstances that we clearly identify to you.
iCIMS stores and processes any information collected in connection with the Website, an Event, or Visit in: (i) any country where we have facilities, (ii) any country in which we engage service providers; or (iii) any country where Events are held. A list of iCIMS’ global offices is available here.
If you are a visitor from the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, we will protect your personal data (as defined in the European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)) when it is transferred outside of the EEA, UK, or Switzerland by:
- Processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- Otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission, such as the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
If you require further information about our international transfers of personal data, please contact us by visiting this link or by using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
iCIMS, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. iCIMS is committed to subjecting all personal data received from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield list
iCIMS is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under GDPR and each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. iCIMS complies with GDPR and the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to GDPR, iCIMS is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the EU in conjunction with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. For each Privacy Shield Framework, iCIMS is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain circumstances, iCIMS may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with GDPR and the Privacy Shield Principles, iCIMS commits to resolve complaints about our collection and use of your personal information. EEA, UK, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our privacy practices should first contact iCIMS as provided in the “Contact Information” section below. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority, if you are a resident of an EEA member state. As such, iCIMS commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU Data Protection authorities (“DPAs”) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable and comply with the advice given by the panel and/or Commissioner.
iCIMS maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures, including, but not limited to, reasonably designed administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, designed to protect the personal information obtained as discussed in this Privacy Notice from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. iCIMS personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected as discussed in this Privacy Notice are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (e.g., because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
When we gather your information via a website, we may collect certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
We also partner with third parties to either display advertising on our websites or to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third parties may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our websites and other websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the EEA click here). Please note that you will continue to receive generic ads. If you wish to prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics, you may use the opt-out browser add-on developed by Google for this purpose, as further described in applicable materials made publicly available by Google.
Your Privacy Rights
Certain jurisdictions may provide you with privacy rights under applicable data protection or privacy law regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you are a resident of the EEA, UK, or Switzerland whose personal data is subject to EU data protection law, you have certain privacy rights which include: the right to be informed, to access your information, to correct any information that is inaccurate, to have your information erased, to restrict or suppress your information, to obtain and reuse your personal data, to object to the processing of your personal information, and to object to how your data is used in automated decision making, if applicable. If you wish to enact your rights, please contact us by visiting this link or by using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- If you are a resident of California whose personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), you may review further details about the personal information we have collected about you over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, by reading How We Obtain Your Information section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Your Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the How We Share Your Information section above. We do not sell (as defined in the CCPA) your personal information (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out). Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. California residents may make a request pursuant to their privacy rights under the CCPA by visiting this link or by using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below. Lastly, California law requires additional disclosures which may be found here in our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
- If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the marketing e mails we send you.
- If we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity. Depending upon applicable data protection and privacy law, individuals may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Do Not Track
While iCIMS attempts to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that iCIMS will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by iCIMS. As such, this Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected on any third party site or by any third party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected by customers, our business partners, and other third parties or third party applications or services, even if this information is collected using our Website or at Events.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information promptly.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
iCIMS reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post it to our Website home page prior to or at the time of the change becoming effective. We ask that you review the Privacy Notice periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “Effective Date” displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change, or remove your information or exercise any other rights,