Customer Success Stories
Southeastern Grocers Consolidates Candidate and Employee Communications on One Platform
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES:
iCIMS CUSTOMER SINCE:
TEXTRECRUIT CUSTOMER SINCE:
Recruit, Preboard & TextRecruit
JobChat & ARI
PREVIOUS TALENT ACQUISITION SOLUTION:
Southeastern Grocers is one of the nation’s largest supermarket companies, operating BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie, all beloved regional brands with deep neighborhood ties and locally sourced high-quality, fresh produce.
Hiring talent from its local customer base, Southeastern Grocers needed an efficient way to reach and stay in touch with job seekers and its 45,000 associate employees.
iCIMS has worked with Southeastern Grocers to find, hire and onboard staff since 2015. However, because emails are not checked nearly as frequently as text messages today, in 2018 Southeastern Grocers integrated iCIMS and revolutionized the way Southeastern Grocers communicates with its employees and candidates.
Integrating a recruitment platform, text messaging and a live chat solution into Southeastern Grocers’ human resources practices enables Southeastern Grocers to significantly improve its engagement with candidates, new hires and employees across a wide range of tasks.
iCIMS enables Southeastern Grocers to:
- Effectively engage employees with personalized text messages, increasing employee engagement and response.
- Send follow-up text reminders to complete time-sensitive onboarding tasks, such as drug screens, to help new hires get ramped up quickly.
- Collect, update and verify employees’ information each quarter for open-enrollment elections, W-2 form submissions and insurance and benefit updates.
- Text message employees and offer assistance without the use of additional software or mobile applications in the event of an emergency, such as a hurricane, that forces store closings.
- Empower candidates to interact with a live chat solution and ask a recruiting chatbot questions, which is a much easier way to get information and apply than scrolling through various websites or calling a help center.
- Provide an easier user-experience within its talent acquisition platform for recruiters and hiring managers.
“Without being able to verify phone numbers through iCIMS and TextRecruit before a disaster strikes, we would have a very hard time getting in touch with all 45,000 of our employees if needed.”