In anticipation of iCIMS’ 9th annual Customer Advisory Council, our team conducted a study to identify where clients were having the most success finding and hiring qualified applicants.
In order to provide the most current and comprehensive data, we analyzed our 1,200+ clients’ source effectiveness reports. These reports assess recruitment advertising sources and the volume of candidates coming from each. Additionally, the report highlights the quality of such sources by displaying where candidates were in the recruitment process by source (ie: Did a lot of candidates come from a given source, but all were automatically disqualified?). On the flip side, the reports show if certain sources produce candidates who move farther along in the process. We pulled 12 months of candidate source data from August 2011 through July of 2012 that was accurately tracked by leveraging the automated source tracking feature of the iCIMS platform. This feature takes away the risk of candidates falsely identifying their source by automatically locking in the true origin of candidate to ensure accurate reporting. The organization’s that benefit from the iCIMS platform range in size from companies of 10 employees, to global corporations well over 100,000; ensuring our report was applicable for a full range of organizations. Combined, the data provided insight from over 1 million job postings, 25 million applicants, and 285,299 hires.
This is the first time that iCIMS has taken an in-depth look at just where our clients are finding their new hires. We believe, at iCIMS, that this will provide a great deal of valuable information for those clients. Of the 285,299 hires, 29% came from external sources; the other 71% came from referrals, internal hires, company career sites, and undefined sources. This is extremely exciting news because this confirms that iCIMS clients are better leveraging the tools at their disposal to make jobs visible via their corporate and in-house portals, as well as through employee referrals to bring in qualified applicants.
Though we are thrilled to see a high number of new hires coming in from these types of sources, the data also reveals the impact of external sources in the hiring process. Of the identified external sources of hire, Indeed.com, CareerBuilder, Monster, Craigslist, Linkedin, and Simply Hired, emerged as the top branded external sources of hire with sources such 3rd party recruiting agencies, job fairs, and campus recruiting also making the list. Indeed alone accounted for more hires than all other branded sources combined and stood far out from the pack, delivering 77% more hires than the second highest external source.
As iCIMS ramps up for our advisory council, we are extremely excited to share and discuss this useful data with our client base, combined with the new and exciting features our roadmap provides for the coming year. Our clients will be given invaluable tips on how to fully incorporate both the new functionality and research findings to optimize their recruitment strategy overall.