Customer Success Stories
Tens of Thousands of Applicants, Zero Recruiters: How One Talent Acquisition Leader Achieves High-Volume Results by Going Completely Digital
Retail – Global Franchise and Corporate Salons
iCIMS CLIENT SINCE:
Connect, Recruit, Preboard
Background Screen, Tax Credits, I9/E-Verify and HRIS
If you were asked what is the country’s fastest-growing occupation, would you correctly guess cosmetology?
The reality is that today’s stylists can walk out of their salon, cross the street to the next beauty shop, and walk into a new job the same day. The demand for new cosmetology talent is heating up, yet talent pools continue to shrink.
Regis Corporation, the largest operator of hair salons, needs candidates for their 8,000+ locations and multiple brands — and they need them fast. To keep pace, Regis developed a revolutionary recruiting tech-stack to go completely digital.
You read that right: Regis recruits tens of thousands of people each year without a single recruiter.
With artificial intelligence (AI) coupled with automation and targeted candidate marketing, Regis took an extraordinarily complex hiring process and simplified it. The organization reduced time-to-hire, enhanced the candidate experience and decreased attrition, all while filling high-volume openings.
“AI helps us to differentiate our recruitment process and operate as a technology company,” explains Jacob Kramer, associate vice president of talent acquisition and people solutions. “Data informs all of our hiring decisions.”
REDUCED OVERALL TIME-TO-HIRE BY 86%
A five-step process is all Regis needs to master high-volume recruiting. Here’s their process:
- Build Data-driven Recruitment Marketing Campaigns To get in front of stylist talent who don’t often use job boards, Regis meets their candidates where they live – on social. Regis knows how to pinpoint the attributes that make candidates a good fit for their company. That knowledge trains AI to target candidate profiles through targeted keywords. Brand awareness campaigns then target those passive candidates to familiarize them with the Regis brand.
- Create an Easy Application ProcessCandidates apply through the applicant tracking system (ATS) or via an AI chatbot. If selected, they’ll hear from a hiring manager within hours. Regis knows that they are not the only option for candidates. If they don’t reach out to candidates quickly, they’ll lose them to the competition. A refined application that only asks high priority questions reduces candidate drop-off.
- Hire Talent Fast and Let Hiring Managers Take ControlOnce candidates enter the ATS, they go into an immediate review with a hiring manager. AI ensures candidates meet position qualifications. If a hiring manager takes longer than normal to reach out, an automatic communication goes out ensuring the candidate is communicated with quickly. After the interview, the hiring manager almost always moves the hand-picked talent into a hired status.
- Get New Hires Ready to Go with Configurable Preboarding OptionsWith multiple brands and locations, Regis’ configuration of the iCIMS platform allows for unique hiring workflows. Regis leverages iCIMS Preboard to keep new hires engaged before day one. Preboarding tasks include the deployment of electronic forms such as EEO, state policies, and I9/E-Verify.
- IntegrationKramer only sources and partners with vendors that integrate into their unique tech stack. Kramer notes the importance of a centralized hub for talent acquisition, saying, “the entire hiring process is automated through and helps us to keep our data clean and smart.” This data then influences sourcing strategies on the front end to accelerate the hiring for open roles. Regis partners with iCIMS to help implement a non-traditional recruitment model and finds success by partnering with other vendors at the forefront of HR’s digital transformation.
Regis partners with iCIMS to help implement a non-traditional recruitment model and find success by partnering with other vendors at the forefront of HR’s digital transformation.
“Partners such as iCIMS are great because they offer a specific tech stack, data integrity, and the experience we need to configure our unique process,” said Kramer.
The innovative and results-orientated strategy Kramer created was recognized with the Brandon Hall HCM Excellence Award. Kramer was also honored as one of AdFed Minnesota’s 32 Under 32.
“To have success in any business transformation, you not only need strong alignment between systems and processes, but you also need that strategic visionary capable of driving through all the obstacles of change,” iCIMS Chief Customer Officer, Adam Feigenbaum, said. “Jacob Kramer and the team at Regis have been incredible to work with and it continues to be a privilege for iCIMS’ solutions to be a part of this impactful business outcome. Where many leaders may have ideas, Jacob and the team at Regis has demonstrated a unique aptitude to operationalize those ideas into meaningful business results.”