Create incredible candidate experiences that communicate your brand, mission, and values with recruitment marketing solutions.Learn more
Communicate effectively and efficiently with the candidates that can drive your business forward.Learn more
Select the right candidates to drive your business forward and simplify how you build winning, diverse teams.Learn more
Help your best internal talent connect to better opportunities and see new potential across your entire organization.Learn more
Communicate collectively with large groups of candidates and effectively tackle surges in hiring capacity.Learn more
Access tools that help your team create a more inclusive culture and propel your DEI program forward.Learn more
Rebound and respond to the new normal of retail with hiring systems that are agile enough to help you forge ahead.Learn more
Accelerate the hiring of key talent to deliver point of care and support services that meet and exceed your promise of patient satisfaction.Learn more
Attract and engage candidates with technical competencies, accelerate hiring for much-needed skills, and advance expertise within your valued workforce.Learn more
Simplify how you recruit finance, insurance, and banking candidates with a unified platform built to match top talent with hard-to-fill roles.Learn more
Your business strategy depends on your people strategy. Keep both in lockstep with the iCIMS Talent Cloud.Learn more
Build an engaging, high-converting talent pipeline that moves your business forward.Learn more
Deliver the innovation your talent team needs, along with the global scale and security you demand.Learn more
Deliver tailored technology experiences that delight users and power your talent transformation with the iCIMS Talent Cloud.Learn more
The #1 ATS in market share, our cloud-based recruiting software is built for both commercial and large, global employers.Learn more Talk to sales
Attract the best talent for your business with powerful, on-brand career websites that excite candidates and drive engagement.Learn more Talk to sales
Build talent pipelines, engage candidates with multi-channel marketing campaigns, and use machine learning to automatically surface the right talent for the job.Learn more Talk to sales
Simplify employee onboarding with automated processes that maximize engagement and accelerate productivity.Learn more Talk to sales
Improve employee experience, retention, and reduce internal talent mobility friction with the iCIMS Opportunity Marketplace.Learn more Talk to sales
Modernize, streamline, and accelerate your communication with candidates and employees.Learn more Talk to sales
Transform the talent experience by showcasing your authentic employer brand through employee-generated video testimonials.Learn more Talk to sales
Get robust analytics that help you make sense of your data and illuminate your talent pool.Learn more
Simplify recruiting, dynamically engage talent, and reduce hiring bias with job matching and recruiting chatbot technology.Learn more Talk to sales
Get a complete picture of all your candidates and enable conversations with context through a single, unified, and dynamic profile.Learn more Talk to sales
We believe the future of work isn't something that "happens" to you. It's something you create. We actively create the future of work with our customers every day.Learn more
Thousands strong, our global community of talent professionals includes creatives, innovators, visionaries, and experts.Learn more
The iCIMS Talent Cloud delivers a secure, agile, and compliant platform designed to empower talent teams, job seekers, and partners with advanced data protection and privacy.Learn more
How the American Heart Association's innovative hiring approach creates a healthier world.Learn more
Check out this month's featured partner, Accurate, on the iCIMS Marketplace.Learn more
Streamline your tech stack and take advantage of a better user experience and stronger data governance with ADP and the iCIMS Talent Cloud.Learn more
Increased productivity, smarter data usage, and empowered hiring teams–that’s the power of the partnership between Ceridian Dayforce and the iCIMS Talent Cloud.Learn more
Our award-winning partnership with Microsoft is grounded in a shared desire to transform the workplace and the hiring team experience.Learn more
Our partnership with Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) supports the entire talent lifecycle by bringing frictionless recruiting solutions to UKG Pro Onboarding.Learn more
Expert guidance about recruitment solutions, changes in the industry, and the future of talent.Learn more
Learn how we translate our data into actionable insights for our customers.Learn more
Stay up to date with the latest terminology and verbiage in the HR software ecosystem.Learn more
See what today’s top analysts and researchers say about the iCIMS Talent Cloud platform.Learn more
Join us on Dec. 14 at 2:30 p.m. ET for a live discussion about how employers can build capable, diverse teams heading into 2022.Register now
Despite making up half of the workforce, women represent just 25% of all tech hires.
Let’s be clear: women have a good shot at getting hired. In fact, they’re 16% more likely than men to be hired after applying to a job. One major problem is women apply at far lower rates.
Women make up only 26% of tech applicants – we won’t come anywhere near close to hiring parity until men and women are applying in roughly equal numbers.
Here are some more sobering numbers:
Each of us has an opportunity to inspire change in our workforce and create a more inclusive future for the next generation. While there’s no silver bullet, here are five simple ways you can ignite change in your workplace:
1. Choose your words wisely. Review existing job postings for gender-specific terminology. Rethink words like “strong”, “proven,” or “analytical,” which are largely considered masculine language. Strip out industry jargon as well, which may discourage women coming from other industries. Going forward, ensure both male and female colleagues write job descriptions collaboratively. Here’s a deeper dive into recruitment marketing for specific roles.
2. Keep job requirements simple. Women aren’t less qualified for tech roles, but they do rule themselves out at higher rates. According to the Harvard Business Review, women are unlikely to apply for a position unless they meet 100% of the requirements.
Men are less dissuaded by requirements and will typically apply if they meet only 60% of listed criteria. Knowing this, avoid deterring female applicants by making your requirements a wish list. Include only what’s truly needed for a role and be clear as to what’s vital versus nice to have.
3. Invest in your talent. Once you’ve hired the right candidate, invest in her potential. Offer onsite or virtual training that focuses on in-demand tech skills. Whether it’s taught by in-house staff or it’s outsourced, additional training builds up your existing talent and encourages them to take on new responsibilities.
4. Leverage your employees’ networks. There is no better way to connect with candidates than through your existing employees. In addition to your regular employee referral program, create a female-led advocacy group that’s dedicated to recruiting other women in tech. Incentivize your employees with things like extra PTO, team activities, or work-from-home days.
5. Remember to celebrate. Recognize those who exemplify inclusivity in your workplace. Call out managers and individual contributors alike who embody your welcoming company culture. Spotlight them on your social media accounts as well as your internal communication channels.
Looking for more ways to promote inclusivity and diversify your workforce? You might also like: Are You Camera-Ready? Video Interviewing is the Future of Diversity Recruitment.
*iCIMS’ system data is drawn from a database of more than 75 million applications and 3 million jobs posted per year by more than 4,000 customers. The company’s customers represent a broad swath of the U.S. economy, with expansive geographic, industrial, and occupational representation. The data represented here draws from the 2019 calendar year.